Vitamin C powder
Vitamin C powder
- Vitamin C supports the immune system
- Vitamin C contributes to normal energy metabolism and helps to reduce fatigue
- Vitamin C has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system and contributes to normal psychological functioning
Effect of vitamin C
Vitamin C is perhaps the most famous vitamin, best known for the discovery that extreme vitamin C deficiencies lead to the disease scurvy, notorious a few centuries ago among sailors who stayed at sea for a long time. This was due to long-term shortages of fresh fruit and fresh vegetables (rich in vitamin C). The name Ascorbic acid (the scientific name of vitamin C) is also derived from this discovery: “a-scorbut” means “against scurvy”.
Today we know that vitamin C is the most important water-soluble anti-oxidant and as such plays a major role as a scavenger of free radicals.In this capacity, it is involved in protecting the body against oxidative damage and thus contributes to the maintenance of healthy cells and tissues. In addition, vitamin C is required as a coenzyme for various enzymes involved in the production of collagen. This important building block is important for healthy blood vessels, gums, bones, cartilage, among other things. Skin and tendons.
Permitted health claims vitamin C
The science about vitamin C is so convincing that the following health-promoting effects of Vitamin C have been officially approved according to the new European regulations:
- Vitamin C contributes to the protection of cells against oxidative damage
- Vitamin C contributes to the formation of collagen and therefore supports a good condition of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, skin, gums and teeth
- Vitamin C contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- Vitamin C is important for the absorption of iron from vegetable source
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid).
Enclosed a two-sided measuring scoop of 4.5 grams and 13 grams (level measuring scoop)
EU Reference Intake (%RI): 4.5 grams = 5,625%RI, 13 grams = 16,250%RI
Recommended use: Humans (adults) 1 gram twice daily unless otherwise recommended.
Storage: Until best before date in a cool, dark and dry place out of reach of children.
Guaranteed free of: yeast, lactose, gluten, preservatives, synthetic fragrances, colors and flavors.
Food supplement: contains vitamin C.
Mandatory statement: A dietary supplement is not a substitute for a varied diet. A varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are important.
Directions for use: Stick to the recommended dosage. Consult an expert before using supplements in case of pregnancy, lactation, medication use and illness.