- Contains Aquamin®, a unique form of magnesium extracted from seawater from the Atlantic Ocean, rich in all other important minerals and trace elements.
- Can help maintain a healthy magnesium balance in the body and contribute to a healthy lifestyle, as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- The Magnesium Complex with Aquamin® is a high-quality nutritional supplement that has been carefully formulated and produced according to the highest quality standards, to guarantee the best results for the user.
The Magnesium Complex with Aquamin® Mg is a high-quality dietary supplement specially formulated to contribute to a healthy magnesium balance in the body. It contains a unique form of magnesium, Aquamin® Mg, which is extracted from concentrated seawater from the Atlantic Ocean. This seawater is not only rich in magnesium, but also in all other >70 minerals and trace elements* that occur in nature.
*Trace elements are minerals that are needed in small amounts
It is striking that the composition of seawater corresponds well with the composition of the extracellular fluid (= the fluid between cells) in humans. Evolutionary biologists see this as an indirect indication that life on earth once originated from marine animals. Seawater can therefore be seen as the ideal source of minerals for humans:
- Rich in magnesium
- Rich in all other >70 minerals and trace elements, in the right proportions
- Almost all minerals and trace elements are present in the form of (positively) charged ions, just like in the body. Minerals and trace elements in ionic form can be easily absorbed by the body.
Magnesium is an essential mineral that plays an important role in many processes in the body, including the action of more than 300 enzymes. The importance of magnesium for the body is therefore difficult to comprehend, which is why the following health claims have been officially approved in the EU:
- Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance
- Magnesium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Magnesium contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system
- Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function
- Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis
- Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Magnesium has a role in the process of cell division
The Magnesium Complex with Aquamin® Mg can help support these important functions and contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Aquamin Mg Ocean Water Concentrate||600 mg|
|Other Minerals and Trace Elements||25 mg||-|
*RI = Reference Intake
Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (plant-based capsule)
Adults: 1-2 capsules twice daily, or as recommended. Ingestion along with a meal is preferable.
Children: Convert the adult dose according to body weight
Minerals and trace elements in food
American scientists have analyzed the mineral contents of all vegetables over the last century. This research shows that the amount of minerals in vegetables has decreased by a factor of 5 in the course of the last century due to the changed agricultural methods:
Graph: The average mineral content in vegetables in the USA during the last century. Data on calcium, magnesium and iron in vegetables such as cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes and spinach were collected. (Bergner 1997: The Healing Power of Minerals.)
Interactions between minerals
The figure below shows how minerals and trace elements influence each other’s absorption, metabolism or excretion. It is therefore not a good idea to take large amounts of a single mineral, as it can disrupt the balance of other minerals and trace elements. For example, if you want to take extra magnesium, it is wise to take a supplement in which the other minerals and trace elements are also represented in mutually correct quantities, such as the Magnesium Complex with Aquamin® from Kala Health.
Figure: Interactions between minerals The lines show how minerals and trace elements influence each other’s absorption, metabolism or excretion. (Bergner 1997: The Healing Power of Minerals).