- UNIQUE FORMULA – Daily Natural Multi contains a unique blend of multiple seaweed and seawater concentrate rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals, trace elements and fatty acids, all in natural form
- 100% vegan diet from the sea – daily natural multi is suitable for vegans
- Your daily support – This unique formula contains twenty amino acids (including all essential amino acids), fourteen vitamins, omega-3, -6, -7 and -9 fatty acids, as well as all more than 70 minerals and trace elements found in nature
What is a good multivitamin?
More and more mulltivitamins are appearing on the market with extremely high dosages, exceeding the Recommended Daily Allowances many times over. These formulas are usually formulated with the best of intentions, and are aimed at supplementing possible deficiencies. It may be a good idea to use such high-dose multivitamins for a short time, for example in times of illness. But it is a crucial fallacy to use such multivitamins every day:
Vitamins and minerals affect the absorption and excretion of each other; they are subtle balances by which the body adjusts itself. Such balances can be rudely disrupted by the long-term ingestion of large amounts of vitamins and minerals. In addition, the vitamins in most multipreparations are synthesized. Although these unnatural substances can be used by the body, they also place a great burden on the body, especially on the liver and kidneys, which are responsible for their conversion and excretion.
Every body is unique, and the nutritional condition of each body is determined by hereditary predisposition and by daily behavior. A healthy lifestyle is the foundation, including a healthy diet and sufficient exercise. In addition, it may be a good idea to take a daily multi, to compensate for the increased amount of stress, and the decreased amounts of nutrients in the diet due to intensive farming methods.
Ideal Daily Multi
But what does a good Daily Multi actually look like?
- A good Daily Multi is complete and contains all vitamins, minerals / trace elements and amino acids
- A good daily Multi is not overdosed: a large part of the necessary vitamins and minerals we already get from our daily diet. Supplementation with a Daily Multi should actually be a supplement, and not cause a major imbalance in the existing balance of vitamins and minerals.
- A good Daily Multi contains mainly natural ingredients, which can be processed much more easily by the body than foreign, synthetic substances
- A good daily multi contains, in particular, all minerals and trace elements*. There are 75 minerals and trace elements found in nature, all of which are important for the human body as building blocks for bones and connective tissue (1); as caretakers of electrical impulses through the nervous system (2) and as catalysts and auxiliary agents of enzymes in all physiological processes in the body (3). Interestingly, the mineral composition of the so called “nutrients” has been found to be very low. extracellular fluid (the fluid that surrounds all our cells and makes up 1/5 of all our body fluids) of all land animals, closely resembles the mineral composition of seawater. Evolutionary biologists see this as indirect evidence that all life forms on land once arose from the sea. It also means that seawater and seawater organisms are extremely important sources of nutrition: they contain all 75 minerals and trace elements in the right proportions and in ionic form, and can therefore be directly absorbed by humans. In practice, we are the first to run short of minerals and trace elements, not least because intensive agriculture has reduced the quantities of minerals and trace elements in our diet by an average factor of 5 over the past 100 years. (Source: The Healing Power of Minerals, Paul Bergner, 1997). Supplementing our daily diet with minerals and trace elements is therefore a higher priority than swallowing high doses of vitamins.
*Strack elements are minerals that are needed in small amounts.
Natural Daily Multivitamin
Kala Health’s Natural Daily Multivitamin meets all the principles stated above
- Almost all-natural, 100% vegan formula
- Contains the concentrate of various algae, rich in natural vitamins, amino acids and fatty acids
- Contains seawater concentrate, rich in natural minerals and trace elements
- Some vitamins and minerals have been added for orthomolecular dosages
- Two capsules provide 100 – 200% RI (= EU Reference Intake) of all vitamins, and of some important minerals such as zinc and selenium.
- Of vitamin B6, the biologically active form pyridoxal-5-phosphate has been used
- Of vitamin E, the natural form d-a-tofocerol has been used
- The active form of vitamin K2, MK-7, has been used.
- One capsule provides a dosage suitable for children (note: this formula is not suitable for children under 1 year of age)
- Free of additives and flavorings
|Composition per 2 capsules:|
|Vitamins||Min||%RI**||Amino acids||Min||% % RI**
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||800 mcg||100||Alanine||30 mg|| –
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL)||1,1 mg||100||Arginine||23 mg||–|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||1,4 mg||100||Aspartic acid||30 mg||–
|Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)||16 mg||100||Cysteine||5 mg||–
|Vitamin B5 (Calcium pantothenate)||6 mg||100||Phenylalanine||15 mg||–|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||1,4 mg||100||Glutamic Acid||42 mg||–
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||1 mcg||100||Glycine||20 mg||–
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||160 mg||200||Histidine||7 mg||–
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalcipherol)||10 mcg||200||Isoleucine*||13 mg||–
|Vitamin E (d-a-tocopherol)||12 mg||100||L-carnitine||10 mg||–|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg||100||Lysine*||34 mg||–
|Vitamin K2 (MK7)||76 mcg||100||Leucine*||30 mg||–
|Choline (bitartrate)||100 mcg||–||Methionine*||8 mg||–
|Inositol||100 mcg||–||Proline||23 mg||–
|Biotin||50 mcg||100||Serine||14 mg||–
|Calcium||32 mg||4||Tryptophan*||6 mg||–
|Iron||0,6 mg||8||Tyrosine||10 mg||–
|Copper||0,6 mcg||<1||Valine*||21 mg||–
|Zinc (as gluconate)||10 mg||100||–
|Potassium||20 mg||2||Fatty acids||Min.||%ADH|
|Mangaan||124 mcg||6||Totaal omega-3||6,0 mg||–
|Selenium ( as Selenomethionine)||56 mcg||100||– C18:3 (ALA)||-6,0 mg||–
|Chrome||1,2 mcg||3||Total omega-6||2,0 mg|| –
|Magnesium||75 mg||20||-C18:2 (LA)||-2,0 mg|| –
|Sodium||0,7 mg||–||Total omega-7||12,0 mg|| –
|Phosphorus||13 mg||2||-C16:1 (palmitoleic acid)||-12,0 mg|| –
|Other (>60) trace elements||12 mg||–||Total omega-9||7,0 mg||–
|– C18:1 (oliezuur)||7,0 mg||–
*There are 9 essential amino acids for humans. These are amino acids that the body itself cannot produce, and must be taken in through food.
**RI = EU Reference Intake
Other ingredients: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (vegetable capsule)
Adults: 1-2 capsules twice daily, or as recommended. Take preferably during meals.
Children: Convert to body weight (not suitable for children under 1 year old)
Ingredients: Algae concentrate, seawater concentrate, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (vegetable capsule), vitamins, minerals, amino acids.
Contains no: yeast, sugar, starch, gluten, preservatives, artificial fragrances, colors and flavors. This product is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Storage: Until expiration date in a dark, cool, dry place and out of reach of children.
Dietary supplement, contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids.
Obligatory entry: A dietary supplement is not a substitute for a varied diet. A varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are important.
Usage recommendation: Adhere to the recommended dosage. Consult an expert before taking supplements in case of pregnancy, lactation, medication use and illness.